Responsibility from field to fork is a part of Lantmännen's strategy for long term profitability and a thriving farming.
The sustainability strategy, with related strategies for organic and climate, and the work with sustainable business develoment is integrated in our strategic business planning. It is anchored in the Group Management team and the Board of Directors. Read more about Lantmännen's Strategy 2020.
The Code of Conduct is the common thread in the work
Responsibility from field to fork is a foundation for Lantmännen’s strategy for long-term profitability and a thriving farming. Work on sustainable business development is integrated in our strategic business planning and with commitment in Group Management and the Board of Directors.
Our responsibility is defined in Lantmännen's Code of Conduct. The code provides guidelines for responsibility in the different special areas that are relevant to Lantmännen's operations, and these are based on the Global Compact's ten principles on human rights, labour, the environment and anti-corruption. For many areas, there are specific policies and guidelines.
The Code of Conduct applies to all Lantmännen employees as well as board members and trustees in the organization. Certain parts also apply to our suppliers and business partners. These parts are specified in our Supplier Code of Conduct. Compliance with the Code of Conduct is monitored annually by Group management.
Reporting of non-compliances to the Code of Conduct can be done either to a manager or anonymously through an external whistleblowing function.
Areas included in Lantmännen’s Code of Conduct
- Environment: cultivation, products and raw materials, resources and production
- Business ethics: integrity and combating corruption, conflict of interests, information security
- Society: stakeholder dialogue, brand and marketing communications, security and risk management, taxes
- Social conditions – freedom of association, working hours, wages, forced labor, child labor, equal treatment
- Work environment, health and safety – work environment, safety and health
- Products and services – traceability, origin and safety, research and innovation, new technology
Download and read our Code of Conduct in its entirety
Lantmännen’s Code of Conduct
Implementation of the Code of Conduct throughout the business is an important part in managing risk and ensuring responsibility. All employees are trained in the code, and compliance is monitored annually by group management.